Search Sponsored by:
Saturday, July 23, 2016
Speculator, NY ,

Mary Hosley and Orra Buyce's parlor is the featured exhibit this summer at Wells Museum. (Photo submitted)


Museum restores the Buyce parlor

Saturday, July 27, 2013 - Updated: 12:53 PM

Wells Museum on Main Street in Wells will have special hours Sunday, Aug. 4. It will be open from 2-4 p.m. as part of Old Home Days Weekend. Wells Historical Society has staged the original parlor of the building as it was when owned by Mary Hosley and Orra Buyce, who made their home there in 1918. The display includes many of the original furnishings, including the sofa. Have an ice cream sundae at the Old Baptist Church across the street and stop in at the museum to see a bit of local history. The museum's regular hours are Fridays and Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. during July and August. (Photo submitted)


Comments made about this article - 0 Total

Comment on this article


Copyright © McClary Media, Inc.

Privacy Policies: Hamilton County Express

Contact Us