Museum restores the Buyce parlor

Wells Museum on Main Street in Wells will have special hours Sunday, Aug. 4. It will be open from 2-4 p.m. as part of Old Home Days Weekend. Wells Historical Society has staged the original parlor of the building as it was when owned by Mary Hosley and Orra Buyce, who made their home there in 1918. The display includes many of the original furnishings, including the sofa. Have an ice cream sundae at the Old Baptist Church across the street and stop in at the museum to see a bit of local history. The museum's regular hours are Fridays and Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. during July and August. (Photo submitted)